HA NOI, VIET NAM – 11-12 April 2018 – The State Bank of Vietnam and the Mekong Business Initiative (MBI), a program of Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of Australia, will jointly host a Fintech Deep Dive April 11-12 in Hanoi. The event is an opportunity for regulators, financial institutions, fintech practitioners, and other stakeholders to share knowledge and experience—both local and international—on e-KYC and Blockchain.
Sponsored by Ernst and Young Vietnam the Deep Dive consists of three sessions:
- General Session (one half-day) – provides background information on risks and opportunities inherent in specific areas of fintech, and explore how regulators and practitioners in other countries can work together to facilitate fintech solutions.
- Technical sessions (two sessions, each of one half-day) – covering e-KYC and Blockchain issues in greater technical detail, including in-depth discussion of regulation related to the specific vertical.
Keynote speakers include international experts from Ernst and Young Singapore, SWIFT, the Singapore Blockchain Club, and an Indian fintech. More than 100 participants from the National Assembly, various government agencies with an interest in fintech, SBV’s own Fintech Steering Committee and Working Group experts, international development agencies, Program Co-Sponsors and Partners, representatives of ADB and MBI, as well as local fintechs actively participated in the three sessions. The result of the discussions will provide valuable input into the ongoing national dialogue about how best to development Viet Nam’s fintech industry.
The Deep Dive is part of the first-ever Fintech Challenge Vietnam 2017-2018 (FCV) program. FCV aims to spur innovation in financial services to promote greater financial inclusion in Viet Nam, focusing on five fintech verticals that are critical for financial inclusion, including e-Payments, e-KYC, Peer-to-peer Lending, Open APIs, and Blockchain. FCV co-organizers include SBV, MBI, the Viet Nam Banks Association (VNBA), and the Viet Nam Fintech.
Details on the following presentation will be found below.
- The SBV Fintech Steering Committee was established in March 2017 to enhance the financial ecosystem, including the legal framework for facilitating the development of fintech in Viet Nam. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.sbv.gov.vn.
- The Mekong Business Initiative (MBI) was launched in 2015 to catalyze private sector development in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) markets, focusing on Cambodia, the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR), Myanmar, and Viet Nam. The program aims to improve the business-enabling environment in these four emerging ASEAN markets with particular focus on innovation, alternative finance, and business advocacy. MBI is supported by the Government of Australia and Asian Development Bank.
List of Presentation following time order:
- Promoting Fintech Eco-Systems as Part of a National Financial Sector Strategy” (E&Y) – Mr. Varun Mittal, E&Y Singapore
- Opportunities and Risks in Adopting e-KYC – The View from India Mr. Arpit Ratan, Signzy (Indian fintech)
- SWIFT Payments Innovation and Distributed Ledger Technology – Mr. Rahul Bhargava, Payments Markets Initiatives, SWIFT APAC
- Presentation – Blockchain Business Models
- Presentation – e-KYC Business Model